Sunday, April 16, 2023

Ugly Exhaust Fan And Silver Box Repair

Did some darkroom trailer work tonight during my security night shift.

First off, added 2 new hinges to my 8x10 silver box. Last year one of the old hinges rusted and broke.

Second, I fabricated a half assed cardboard, duct tape box with a 3-inch exhaust hose for a $10 fan-exhaust fan unit I bought at Goodwill. A very ugly job that might not last long, but it seems to work, at least for now. An old fan boxed in cardboard will probably break down this season but for $10 I thought it was worth a chance.

I will run the exhaust hose through the power cable hole in the floor of the trailer. I should be able to use the unit as a exhaust fan or a normal fan. It runs on 110 power. I can use the inverter for the power. Not sure how long it will take to drain my batteries. It might help keep the air flavor in the darkroom a bit fresher.

Not sure if I will place the unit vertical or horizontal. An unused plug on the wall and the exhaust hose hole is nearby, so this location seems best.

$10 Goodwill special, exhaust fan-fan!
8x10 Silver Box
High end carboard box work!!!