Friday, April 7, 2023

AFA, Art Acquisitions by Applications Grant, 2023 Attempt

Applied for a AFA, "Art Acquisitions by Applications"grant today. Basically its a attempt to get your work bought by the Alberta Government and added into their permanent collection. grant today. Basically its a attempt to get your work bought by the Alberta Government and added into their permanent collection. 

I got a print in of a monk years back but ever since then nothing but failures. Kind of took the wind out of my sails and I stopped applying.  With the new Canada based project AMBROTOS KANATA, wet plate/ambrotype project, I decided to give it another go.

I submitted 5 Cottonwood tree 8x10s from last September. I asked $1000 a Ambrotype plate, as these are one of kind 8x10 pieces, never to be replaced or repeated.

If I sell any of these to the province. I will use the money to buy "Silver Nitrate" which will allow me to make more Ambros.

Here are the submissions. I am hoping since they are 1 of a kind works and Alberta based, they might be more attractive to the selection jury folks. Any sales will also fuel new work.

Note* This is the first time I have scanned Ambrotypes! 

Note** For anyone in Alberta that wants to try, here is the link.

https://www.affta.ab.ca/funding/find-funding/art-acquisitions-application

Cottonwoods #2, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022
Cottonwoods #3, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022
Cottonwoods #5, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022
Cottonwoods #6, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022
Cottonwoods #8, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022