Wednesday, April 26, 2023

More Tent Toys!

Am preparing to use the new washing/drying tent this year. The idea is that in the field I can use the tent to wash and then dry the mammoth 20x24 inch and 35x35 inch Ambrotypes I will be making. To that end I bought another agitation pump, my third, 2 are already mounted in the trailer. Also picked up a unique little inverter linked to Dewalt 20v batteries. 

If this works (for how long?). I can have a pump power supply in the tent without tripping on inconvenient cords running all over the place, less difficult, less of a falling on my ass hazard. I will give this a go this year, if it works, will buy more in the future. I will probably need the ability to wash multiple plates at a time on battery/inverter power. I will need enough battery power to run the pumps for many hours.

I also picked up a fan thingy, I was overheating in the trailer last season, trying to find good ways to cool things down a bit. I will need fans both in the tent and the trailer. 

The advantage of this system is that I can charge multiple batteries and reuse them as needed.

Buying all these gizmos and gadgets is expensive. If it leads to strong Ambros, then it is all worth it! The end pic is all that matters.

Note* It is time to push harder. I need to be making 20x24 Ambrotypes, complete in the field by seasons end! If I can do this, then next year I can try to make 35x35 inch Ambros.

Mellif DC Power Adapter for Dewalt 20V Max Battery, 20V to 110V Voltage Converter with Dual USB AC Output, 200W Inverter

YeaTek 110V Magnetic Beer Pump Food Grade Stainless Steel Head with 1/2'' Inch Thread
ohyes Cordless Jobsite Fan For DeWALT 18V 20V