Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Views From Inside My Wet Plate Darkroom Trailer

Some photos inside the trailer. Things are coming together.

The 3000w inverter arrives tonight. Want to set it up before using the trailer next week for the first time in the field. 

Fresh mixes of QQC, Gerry and Poe Boy Collodions. QQC and Gerry have 100ml doses of las years red coloured collodion added in. Will test this stuff next week when I take the trailer on the road for the first time.
Some so so cut 4x5 plates in a nice Lund glass plate storage box.
Various old darkroom tanks I had in my garage, might find a use for them now.
Washed glassware in one of dads old trays. The sink area works great for clean up.
Agitation pump with tied off tubing. It gets in the way a bit, but worth it in the end I think. The plates should be be better washed as a result of this device.
Mixed chemicals, fix and developer.
A glass funnel I found in dads cooking kitchen. It should prove useful.
Trying to figure how to back the camera gear.
Trying to use a CD rack as a ambrotype drying holder. My wet plate binder, with formulas and help from from friends is shown as well.
My wonky 8x10 plate holder (a found cooler). More work required.