Thursday, July 22, 2021

Kanata Things

So I just confirmed with Filip, the HF2024 camera (20x24 inch) is on its way to Canada. I paid the FedEx duty tonight. The camera will take a while to travel to from the Czech Republic but it is on its way along with some small parts for the HF3535 that was missed last time. When the camera arrives I will have various camera ultra large format options, a 16x20, a 20x24 and a 35x35 inch. Lots of formats there, just got to make the pics now. The photography is always the hardest and the fun-nest part of things.

HF2024

Next week the plan is to take the Freddy (trailer) and Fanny (RV) out on the road for almost the entire week. I think I will leave on Tuesday and return on Sunday, Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise and the mountain park areas all on the agenda. It should be loads of fun and another learning experience driving the rig-trailer and trying to make ambrotypes.

Been working on my chemistry this week. Mixed up some more silver nitrate, it is sunning now, will filter it on my return from the night shift tomorrow morning. Later in the week am mixing up some new "Gerry Collodion" (the stuff I have had the most success with in the past). Am also planning on following Luther Gs advice and go to regular acid developer and cut out much (all?) of the trailer rubylith window stuff.

This should be a gas!! Making photos is always fun, as is traveling in the Canada's mountain parks. Hope to get some images this time. Step by step we are slowly moving closer to fulfilling the goals of the project.

Note* If I get the chance I also hope to set up the solar panel system for the trailer inverter power supply. I also still need to set up my back up camera gear.

Note** Hope this is my last camera for the project, but then I have hoped that before and keep buying.