Monday, July 5, 2021

Shooting Ambrotypes Next Week!!

Did up some Collodion mixes last night. Gerry Collodion (no extra ether), QQC and Poe Boy (No extra ether) I am using the same collodions as 2020. I ripened the collodion with old mixes (last fall). I hope they work!

Mixed up some HYPO as well, 3.8 liter jug at a 40% dilution. I got a bunch of free Sodium Thiosulfate years ago, finally using it all up. Strange stuff, from Kodak and it is in BROWN GLASS BOTTLES. Am keeping the bottles for other use, nice stuff!

Possible subjects in the coming weeks.

- the FINE TREE, 2 minutes from home.
- Charles Camsell hospital, 15 minutes from home. (a important subject that needs to be done right, and in a respectful way. The hospital is linked to many abuses/deaths of first nations people.)
- the front of my security job petrochemical plant site, 20 minutes from home.
- LOVE GRAFITY BRIDGE, 30 minutes from home.
- egg statue in Vegreville Alberta, duck statue in Andrew Alberta.
- Elk Island National Park Trip.
- 2 Rocky Mountain Trips.
- 1 Saskatchewan trip.

I also want to try to do a series of portraits,. I need to understand where I am going portrait wise with this project. I love doing portraiture, got to figure that out with this process.

The trailer is almost ready to go. Also cut glass last night, a bit of mess there. I will have 4x5 and 8x10 clear glass to work with and 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 black glass. Later in the year will shoot the 16x20 camera for the first time. Possibly some mountain work at 12x20.