Monday, July 5, 2021

Found A Fine Tree!

I have found that usually when you go through an uncomfortable experience good comes out of it.
So yesterday after a 5 hour drive (with stops) back into the city from camping we made it home. I unloaded the RV then I needed to do some backed up work, I needed to cut the lawn at 3 different house yards. I cut at 1 and then 2. Drank 2 glasses of water and was still thirsty. It was scorching hot here, in the mid 30s Celsius. Then I drove over to house 3 to do the same. After cutting the 3rd and biggest lawn I was very thirsty but had no more water, I decided to also cut down some of the overgrown trees as well. I cut trees for another 30 minutes. My thirst grew and grew. Finally it was time to go home. I locked the garage man door, then scooted out the closing electric car door as it crunched to a close behind me. I felt for my keys. NO KEYS IN MY POCKETS!! I then remembered, I had left them on the freezer in the now locked garage. I had no keys for the house or for my truck, I had no wallet, I had no cellphone. I was stranded. My only option was to ask for help from a stranger or walk home to get a spare set of keys. I walked home, it took me about 1 hour in the HOT SUN, WITH NO WATER.
Not end of the world stuff, people in the dump have it 100 times worse, but still it was difficult and uncomfortable, especially the lack of water. I walked back as fast as I could on the shortest route I could manage. My back got sore, and I was very thirsty, but heck, it was a bit of adventure! Got to love adventures. Adventures lead to fun stories (like this one).
Now here is the sweet part. On the way home after about 45 minutes of walking I made a short cut through a neighborhood near my home. In that neighborhood I found a tiny park, and in that tiny park I found a FINE TREE. So even thou I had lived in that part of the city, around that park, for 56 of my 57 years I did not know about it or the "fine tree". The park was only only 10 blocks from where I had lived all my life, but I did know it existed. Go figure! Who knew? Not me. Now because of the silly locking the key episode and the long walk home, I had found the "Fine Tree".
I will go photograph parts of this old tree next week when I am doing wet plate ambrotypes with the Trailer (Freddy) and the RV (Fanny). Close to home, reasonably beautiful, and a nice story. Will make for a good ambrotype I hope!!

Am glad I locked up my keys now! 

A Fine Tree