Thursday, July 8, 2021

Beginning Subjects, The First Week With The Trailer, AMBROTOS KANATA

This is a bit of a long shot, but heck you got to try! I have never hooked up or pulled a trailer behind the new/used RV but will try that this week for the first time. I have also not made in collodion images this year yet, so have to mix up new chemistry for the work. Assuming I can tow the trailer for the first time without incident, and assuming all the collodion end of things work. I plan to shoot the following next week! Even if I get half this done, it will be a start. Will just be doing 4x5s and 8x10s ambrotypes.

Days/Subjects to photograph them:

Tuesday - My recently found old tree near the house.

Wednesday -  Burned remains of Catholic Church in Morinville Alberta. The church was burned down recently as a protest against the genocide that occurred at the residential schools (recently discovered mass graves at multiple locations).

                    - Old church in Smokey Lake Alberta.

Thursday - Elk Island National Park various subjects (over night camping).

Friday - Elk Island continued plus the Duck at Andrew, the Egg at Vegreville.

Saturday or Sunday - Charles Camsell Hospital.

A simple start to AMBROTOS KANATA. Hope I can get at least some of this done. Getting too old too fast, got to make me some ambrotypes!

Hmm...want to do some portraits as well! Where can I fit those in?