Thursday, January 28, 2021

Forgotten Innocence Project?

My long delayed but never forgotten possible photo series LOST INNOCENCE still haunts my mind. The series would tell the stories of the women locked into the slavery of the brothels of South East Asia. I am scared to go into those worlds but those lives must be honoured and remembered.

Was looking at this small digital print photo I made a while back. The original was shot in Colorado Agfa Optima film in 2003, in a brothel in Poipet Cambodia. The.ugliest place I ever made pictures in.What happened to this young worker! Does she exist now only in this picture? I remember her sad eyes, she was Vietnamese, likely sold to the brothel by her family. Memories of lost lives like hers push me to return to those worlds and continue the work.