Sunday, January 31, 2021

3rd Palldium Print Attempt

I am very excited by the possibilities of alternative printing processes and digital negs. Hopefully in the not to distant future I can try "Carbon Transfer" printing as well!

from Facebook....

Here is another neg printed in Palladium using an exisiting curve. This is my 3rd attempt at the process, still need to learn how to make my own personal curves. The photo is of a father and his son Chemeeko. I photographed the father and mothers wedding on my first trips to the dump in 2013, this photo was made in 2015. Last I heard, the family now has 3 children and has returned to Burma as Chemeeko's grandmother had become ill. Thinking of doing this one up larger for the Art Centre show at the University of New Brunswick.

 Here is a video link to the developer pour. COOL STUFF!!

Developing This Image Link 

Print In 15 minute wash.
Image visible after exposure of hand painted Palladium emulsion.
Emulsion-ink side of rubylithed digital neg.
Rubylith on neg, for even edges.
Digital negative detail.
Digi neg, coated Palladium paper and contact printer on UV printing unit.