Saturday, January 23, 2021

Covid-19 UNB Art Centre Exhibition Delay

Got word today that the 2 large exhibitions for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY at the University of New Brunswick Art Centre in Fredericton, will be delayed. The gallery is currently closed and back logged with 2 years of exhibitions. Our turn will not come until 2023 or even later.
A bit of a downer but everyone, everywhere, is hurting from Covid-19. Some people are experiencing real tragedy, my problems ain’t that big a deal. So far the virus has had a minimum impact on those I love, which makes me very lucky.
On the upside this change has allowed me to update my plans. When the shows are due, I will be retired from work, that allows more freedom. I am planning a 2-3 month trip to the Maritimes. I will be travelling in a motor home and pulling my darkroom trailer.. I can visit the provinces while working on the major wet plate photography project AMBROTOS KANATA and do the shows in Fredericton along the way. Who knows they might even allow me a PowerPoint artist talk. I will also have more time to print Platinum-Palladium photographs for possible exhibition. Might even make a bit of money along the way (sell some prints? talk fee?) which I can then donate back to the families. This could turn into wins all round.
Even in the darkest clouds there is often a rainbow hidden inside.
“Ain’t Photography Grand!!

University of New Brunswick Art Centre Building In Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada