Sunday, January 31, 2021

First Digital Negative, So Exciting!

Did up my first digi neg today. This is not my own designed curve yet, I am still working on learning how to make those. I am on Digital Negative from "North Light Workshop", video 4. 

For this negative I simply used a built in curve that came with my Quad Tone Rip/Profiler software called, UCmk-HMPRduo-warm. I wanted to try to print out a small Palladium Print (also a first) just to see what I get, and also to learn-practise the involved technique.  Everything is do new to me here, I am fumbling and stumbling about somewhat, the more practise the better!

Later on if things go to plan I will be making up my own personal curves depending on my printer, light source, paper, process combos.  I will be doing this for all my alternative work, platinum, palladium, platinum-palladium, carbon transfer as well as any other processes I try.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!!!!!!

"Ain't Photograph Grand!!"

Note* I will compare this negative and print to my personal made curve versions later on.

Note** The image is of a young girl waiting in the dump for her mother.

First digi neg, on UV unit and on lightbox