Monday, August 19, 2019

Cleaning Mom And Dads Glass House

from facebook...

Am cleaning out an area in my mother and father’s home for photo related work. This place we called the “Glass House” . Back in the day dad used to entertain his guests here. It is a roofed over area connected to the main house via a balcony. The room is made up of 4 sliding doors so has excellent light. My plan is to clean out the room, repair what needs repairing and set up a print framing, matting and spotting work area. I will spot, mat and frame all my exhibition prints here. In the basement of this house I have darkroom #2 up an running and next to the glass house I have my computer printing work area. Everything will be close together and interconnected. It should allow for an easier work flow in the coming years.
 
Not sure what dad would think of all these renovations devoted to photo things but he would probably be OK with it. Living in his and mom's house, using it in a good way was what he always wanted after his death. Trying to do that now.

Cleaning efforts on glass house to matting, framing room