Thursday, August 22, 2019

Bought Me A 11-24mm F4 USM Canon EOS Lens

Bought me a used 11-24mm Canon EOS F4 lens. After the success of shooting the 16mm Leica R lens last trip I decided to get the best Canon EOS dedicated lens I could for my digital Canon system. After some research  I read great things about this ultra wide zoom so I decided to get one to use in conjuction with my future used Canon 5D Mark4 body (I currently shoot with a very beat up Mark 3). I used the 16mm for probably 75% of my digital photography last trip, so I think I will use this new Canon dedicated lens to death. It will probably be the only lens I put on my digital bodies most shooting days.

The 16mm Leica worked but was difficult to use. I could not do any type of auto focus so lost quite a few images as a result. The adapter I was using also would make the viewfinder of the camera go black which made me shoot and compost my images with blind guesses most of the time, not the best way to work.

With this new-used lens I can always compose through the view finder, I will be able to shoot as wide as 11mm and there is auto focus available. The only down side is this Canon lens is a F4 the Leica was a F2.8. The plan is to continue to use the Leica with my film R cameras and use the 11-24mm with my digital Canons.

Cost of this lens (without taxes or USPS shipping) was a reasonable $1791 USD (my max bid was $1851 USD). Most of these lens used seem to go from $1800 to $2100 USD used, so I think the price is acceptable. I just hope the lens is as promised. The lens is advertised as in SUPERB condition and was originally bought new from Adorama.

As usual I will be digging deep trying to find the money for this new gear, but I think it could lead to some very important photos, possibly the best I make in my lifetime. So need to get this baby paid for!

Here is the lens EBAY advert:

SHARP LENS. PERFECT for real estate, vlogging and astrophotography. Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 L USM Lens. Condition is Used. No original box. Comes with lens cover and mount cap. Lightly used lens in superb condition. One of THE BEST lenses you can put on your camera Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.

A truly versatile wide-angle zoom featuring an advanced optical design and constant f/4 maximum aperture, the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens is a member of the esteemed L-series of lenses designed for full-frame EOS DSLRs.

Canon 11-24mm F4 USM Lens