Sunday, December 30, 2018

Need To Get Down to 225 Pounds Before Thailand

2 weeks ago I weighed myself here at work and I came in at 250 pounds (252 with clothes and shoes). That is the heaviest I have ever been. The number frightened me, shocked me. Being in the dump, walking the garbage carrying donations and camera gear at 54 years of age and 250 pounds is NOT a good idea. I need to make a change.

I therefore decided to try to lose weight. I want to get down to 225 pounds before I leave for Thailand in May. For the last 2 weeks I have been watching my calories as well as doing more exercising (only pushups-sit ups and stairs so far). Stopped eating too much bread, higher calorie foods, no candies-sweets etc. That no sweet thing is difficult at Xmas time when free chocolates, cookies are everywhere. Need to maintain my discipline. Got offered pizza and other free foods over the last 4 days as well, thanked the people but turned it all down.

Just weighed myself for the first time since the start of the calorie watch. Am now sitting at 242 pounds (244 with clothes and shoes), down 8 pounds. Seem to be on the right track.

One good thing is that after my stop sign tickets I am too depressed to eat!