Sunday, December 30, 2018

2 Yes 2 Running A Stop Sign Tickets!

Got hit with 2 running a stop sign tickets on the way to work tonight from a very zealous, unthinking machine like PEACE OFFICER. I feel like shit as a result, $388 for each ticket. The first ticket was probably my fault, a running stop (signaled but running stop), a guy in front of me was also pulled over for the same offense. The second ticket was highly debatable. The Peace Officer (cop wannabe) guy was just being jerk with the second ticket. He said I stopped at the second stop sign but inside the T intersection. As I drove away from the first ticket I was blinded by the Peace Officers lights behind me (he drove a truck with high beam head lights on) and I missed the next stop sign in the dark (signaled but stopped a bit late,  was pissed at the first ticket and late for work). I did stop but too late in the officers opinion. It was a completely empty country road, with no traffic or street lights. This all happened near the plant where I work Security, the remote isolated stop sign he was watching is used a money grab funding location by the local peace officer ticket brigade. Doubt there has ever been an accident of any kind at that location.

I lost over a 1/2 weeks wages as a result of tonight's tickets. These are the first tickets I have received for driving in about 20 years. I was polite after the first one, argued after the second one. I even asked the Peace Officer guy. "Do you enjoy being a DICK!?". Let my temper get the best of me there, thou now I am glad I said it :). He could have used a bit of discretion, a warning of some kind, especially for the iffy second ticket. I should have got his name and badge number to lodge a complaint, missed opportunity there.

In security you often see a bunch of wanna be cops that could not make the grade, they are usually very aggressive and obnoxious, it seems that goes for Peace Officers also. This guy tonight was not a real police officer but used the power he did have with an iron fist. In 23 years of being a full time guard I have always found it is best to be strong but soft. You need to have a certain amount of authority and strength but also a certain amount of common sense, friendliness, and kindness.. Have found this to be the most effective way to do my job properly. This dude tonight lacked those qualities. Doubt he will ever become a real; police officer, I hope not. Thou I have to give him credit for not overreacting to my DICK comment :). Hard not to call a dick, a dick :), that could have escalated into something more nasty.

A terrible waste of dollars on my part, could have helped the families with that money. Feel like a fool. Need to get over it, need to do my best to forget this incident. Also need to be more careful at stopping  at stop signs, on roads with no traffic, out in the middle of no where in the dark.