Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Dilemma

I have a dilemma. I promised boots to around 10 people in the dump many days ago. This was before I hooked up with Fred. Fred does not want free stuff handed out to people from non Fred sources, sometimes he charges (low fees) for things sometimes he hands things out free, but that is his call only. In this mind he is the only one allowed to do that. So now to keep my promises to the families I have to hand out the boots on the sly, without Fred knowing. If he finds out he will get angry again, possibly flip out big time. Today he acknowledged he has a short fuse. Do not want him exploding on me yet again. He has probably done that 4 or 5 times in the past, including this year.

I will have to try to hand out the boots before I go to Bangkok on the 3rd, at times when Fred is not around. Tomorrow I will go very early in the morning when Fred is not around, he does not usually get there until 7am or 730am. Hopefully no one will tell him that I was handing out free boots. My problem thou is two fold, handing out the boots and finding the people to hand out the boots to! Many folks I owe boots to are in new areas and I no longer know where there homes are. Some of the dump homes are very hard to get to without drawing lots of attention.

This calls for a certain amount of subtly on my part. Gosh I feel a bit like a criminal here, I am not raping and pillaging, I just want to hand out some free work boots. Hopefully I can do that without more anger and conflict. I hate to do things under the table but I did promise people, I cannot go back on my word. I will do what I said I would then stop buying new free boots for a while.