Thursday, April 4, 2024

Working on the Darkroom Trailer

Spent the day working on the truck, repaired a faulty signal light and on the trailer. I am changing the design of the trailer, removed the rear metal shelf (it was falling apart), and removed the plastic drawers.

I need to build my 24x24 silver nitrate tank stand and install it on the floor. I then need to build some kind of protective cover, the stand and tank do not get damaged during travel. I want to simplify the design, carry less in the trailer, and place some of the camera items (body, tripod) on the beast, the truck. Will have to figure it all out this week.

I also placed the batteries in the trailer, they were in the house over the long winter months.

The hope is to get out making 11x14 ambrotypes in 2 weeks time, with the trailer (Freddy) and truck (Beast).