Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Beast!!

Well I picked up my new/used Ford F350 Super Duty Flatbed truck today. Now I need to figure the best ways I can use it to produce strong ambrotypes for AMBROTOS KANATA.

Will need to de-winterize and set up the darkroom trailer so I can start making Ambros. Hopefully will be in the field creating  2 weeks from now, still in APRIL. Now that I have a second tow vehicle (not only FANNY the motorhome), I am planning to make Ambrotypes all year round, even in the dead of winter. This unit should be able to handle snow and ice. 

I will sometimes photograph from on top of the bed, giving me about 40 inches of safe extra shooting height. I might also be able to use the bed as a place to put my working darkroom trays. Which could eliminate the need to carry tables in the trailer, freeing up space and shortening set up times.

The truck seems to be a more a he than a she. I will call him, “THE BEAST”.