Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Partly Finished 18 Inch Projection Lens with Lens Board

I still need to add black putty to make it light proof. This lens with board setup should work as well as the 14-inch version. 

I have no idea what the image will look like. The sharp area, the dept of field will be very shallow, perhaps too shallow. The good is how dad this lens will be the large glass should allow in a ton of light. 

Here’s hoping it works. I can do without the shutter but having no F-stops might be a problem. I will test it on the 16x20 next trip. The lens will also fit the 24x24 Chamonix. I have no idea on the coverage.

Note* I did the board painting and filing at work.

Note** The cost of the lens was $12.99 USD and shipping $40 USD. The lens board was included in my Chamonix 24x24 camera buy.