Friday, September 15, 2023

Me, W. Eugene Smith, Sebastiao Salgado and Lewis Lewis :)

I wanted to thank David Best for this. The story is from issue #160 of Black&White Magazine.

This goes without saying, is rather obvious, but still needs to be said. Of course, I am not even near the same class, not near the same quality but it is still super cool to be mentioned in the same article with the photographers I have admired, studied and idolized for decades. Robert Capa, David Seymour, Cornell Capa, W. Eugene Smith, Walker Evans, Lewis Hine, Margaret Bourke-White and Sebastiao Salgado.

Seeing your name (pseudonym), your quotes and portrait in an article alongside your photographer idols, is dream come true like stuff.

Thank you, David Best and Black & White Magazine.

In the photo, the children at the dump look kind, cute and joyful. I had forgotten, I miss hearing them laugh. Got to get myself back there and make more photographs, tell more stories.


Issue #160 with Khun Ooh from Klong Toey Slum on the cover.
The kindly David Best article