Sunday, June 3, 2018

The Real Me? Taking Off My Mask

One bad part in all of this down east major opportunity is that Bob has asked me to come out from behind my Gerry Yaum pseudonym and use my real name for this project, exhibitions and fundraising efforts (assuming they happen). The reason being is that people will not give money to a guy not using his real name, they worry about fraud etc. I can understand that, helping the people would pull me away from the name, it is that important.

I hate leaving Yaum behind thou, I would rather say Yaum forever. Who the f-ck cares about the real me? I am of no importance. Too many folks everywhere, all the time are selfishly worried about getting famous, putting their name on a wall, having everyone pat them on the back etc.  I have never been into that. Flattery has always made me cringe. I want the work and the stories to be famous of course, to have a far reaching and lasting impact but I could care less about the rest.

I hope I can stay Yaum, but it might be impossible to do.