Monday, October 15, 2012

3 Boxes Of Supplies

I got 3 boxes of supplies today, the postal lady woke me up before my nightshift.

1) My first 20 of 60 boxes of 8x10 film Tri-x (still have to pay for this its on the credit card). This is the first of 3 shipments, the other 2 will be made as I get the money together.

2) A 1400ml glass beaker to use with my wet plate collodion chemistry mixing. The wet platers recommend everything be glass, I got some glass stirring rods last week.

3) A Bionare 4000 air cleaner, I was really torn on getting this item as it was expensive ($500 used with shipping) but I bought it for safety reasons. With wet plate photography I kept reading about explosions, flash fires, toxic carcinogenic chemicals, deadly poisons etc. Jody Ake at my workshop recommended these units and so I bit the bullet and took the plunge, safety should always be my main concern. This machine in combination with my regular large ventilation fan should keep me safe.


A very expensive set of boxes, I am glad I am working OT the next 3 nights.