Thursday, September 13, 2012

Not In Shots Magazine, Not At Art Gallery Of Hamilton

Did not get into the portrait issue of Shots Magazine unfortunately, they do have some very nice work in the issue, I like about 50% of the portraits selected. Will try again in the future to get shown there.

A portfolio issue is the next  Shots Magazine submission, I might try a ladyboy sex worker  portfolio submission.

Also got a rejection letter from the Art Gallery Of Hamilton, not sure what I submitted there, it was a old submission, maybe the sex worker white background portraits, or some of the 35mm Klong Toey imagery.

"I was pleased to review your written materials and the images  you included, and congratulate you on your achievements those far. We are, however, unable to accommodate an exhibition of your work at the AGH, given our current mandate and commitments."

Sincerely

-------

Curator of Contemporary Art

I wonder if I can ever get into places high end places like this? Will some day some of these curator people actually be contacting me first? Will they someday be doing the ones begging (instead of me begging) for the chance to show the work? Doubt it but who knows.