Sunday, July 15, 2012

150 000 Page Views, Thank You

Well the blog will hit 150 000 page views in the  next few days. I started this Yaum Photo Diary blog in November of 2007 so that means in 4 years 6 months 150 000 write ups and photographs have been viewed. This thing has gotten a bigger than I ever thought it would, when I started this diary it was for 2 reasons:

1) to have a place to state my views without sending out bothersome emails to people I know. I have a tendency to write to many emails to to many people, the blog allowed me to put them all in one place.

2) to help me focus my ideas and thoughts which I hoped would lead to a sharpening of my artistic expression and quality of work.

Not sure how much the blog has helped with any sharpening of expression and quality of work but it has been a very good place to vent when I get frustrated and a good place to promote the beauty of photography.

The thing that really surprised me is the amount of viewers to the blog, who would have thought 150 000 people would visit? The moral support I get from these strangers that visit from around the world is always encouraging, often it has helped me push on when I felt down and depressed about the work.

Another recent surprise was that advertising could be successful on the blog and that it could make me a bit of free money that I could use to buy film. I hope to make a couple of hundred dollars a year (if current trends continue that might be possible) which means I should be able to get 45 or so sheets of free HP5 8x10, or 150 sheets of free Tri-x 4x5 every year the blog runs.

Thank you all for visiting "Yaum Photo Diary" and hopefully one day before I pass on (I would need to get to my late 70s, early 80s) we can hit a 1 000 000.