Friday, January 22, 2010

Latest Stuff

Been busy over the last weeks developing all my 2009 8x10 white background images along with some 5x7 stuff from 2007. Last week I also did a ton of contact sheets along with some 11x14 RC prints. I have to finish making the contacts in the coming days and also print all the better images on 11x14 RC paper. I want to make a selection from the 11x14s for my VAAA show of 2011. I have been taping the photos to the wall and trying different combinations to see what works best.

I also want to make a selection of the best 2007 and 2009 sex worker white background images for a submission to a photographic gallery in British Columbia. The hope is that I can get my first one man show, I have talked to the owner of the gallery and there is a chance it might happen. I have to make a selection of fiber exhibition prints for him to examine and if he likes them then the one man show would be a go.

I so want to get the work seen on a larger scale. The group show I have coming at the VAAA will only allow me about 8 large prints, if I get the one man show in BC I would have more photographs on the walls which would allow me to tell a bigger more complete story.

Over the coming month or so I should be posting more work here on the blog along with updating the webpage.

I also recently had a fun photo outing with a my friend Rob. I took my Leica's and shot some Tri-x at an abandoned school and at a graveyard. It was fun and fast shooting with the Leica's, I used 3 bodies and 3 lens, a 21mm a 28mm and a 50mm. If any of this 35mm stuff turns out I will post it on the blog. I need to become more fluent with these cameras, there is a real rhythm and beauty you can get out of shooting 35mm that is hard to capture with other formats.