Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Time I Have Left

Been thinking a lot about the photographs I want to make with the time I have left in my life. I am now 45 years old, if I take care of myself and with some luck I should be able to shoot in the field for another 25 years maybe 30.

What type of photographs to make in the time left?

Photographing people is a given but what peoples? Where? The Khon Thai project? Photographs in Cambodia? Should I try to go to Africa or Central/South America?

Photographs that show the human condition, that document peoples lives, that are honest to life is what I should strive for.

I might have to make some sacrifices in my personal life to chase down these goals. I have to find the money to allow me the freedom to shoot what I want, how I want.

I am running out of time got to get the photos made, need to concentrate my efforts.