Monday, March 2, 2009

A Book I am a Makin!

Have been working on scans for a book project that has changed names 3 times:
-20 Photographs
-36 Photographs
-Thoughts From My Heart (kind of a pretentious title)
This book deals with a variety of photos in a variety of formats in both b/w and color.

I think I need to go more simple for the first effort

Today before falling asleep I came up with a idea for my first self published book. I will do a book called "Ladyboy Sex Worker" it will be a very simple and small affair. In 2008 I did a series of 4x5 b/w flash portraits with the Bananarama (Polaroid conversion camera). The portraits were of Thai sex worker ladyboys in short time sex rooms. I shot about 20 people and I hopefully have decent vertical portraits of at least 15 (will count them tonight). The book will be 15 or so portraits, 1 per every 2 pages with a vertical portrait on the right page and the title/date on the left page. The book will be under 40 pages measure 8x10 inches and be made at the www.blurb.com website. Will buy one book and check out the quality before ordering more.