Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adding More Humanity

I want to make a larger variety of images, I have sort of been caught in the sex worker scene for the last few years. I have to branch out and photograph a larger group of people. I need to learn more and to use that knowledge to tell a bigger picture than I am currently doing. The Thailand wide portrait project seems more and more appealing. Some more subjects could include:

-Muay Thai Boxers
-Touts
-Medical People/Nurses
-Hill Tribe Peoples
-Refugee Camp People
-Illegal Workers
-Street Labourers
-Bus Employees
-Tourists

etc etc, so many people to photograph.

I need to become more proficient using the 4x5/8x10 cameras to make portraits in natural light. If I could improve my large format technique and work fast and well with that camera system I could create honest thoughtful portraits with great detail and beauty.