Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting to the Next Level

Been thinking of how to raise the bar on my images. I need to get to another level, I have acheived a certain skill in making photographs but I need to get into another plain, to raise my work to a more creative and individual vision.

Keep thinking about what Jock Sturge said about taking pictures of Sex Workers and Homeless people.

Your work as currently conceived is about the fact that there are a lot of sex workers and impoverished people in the third world and their plight is not pretty. I think it fair to say that most thinking people know this already. But work that humanizes its subjects could make the point with an entirely different sort of emphasis.

I have to get to a level where the humanity of the people being photographed cries out to the viewer, forcing them to stand up and take notice.

The photo techniques used should be forceful unique and powerful.

Have to work harder, keep pushing myself, devote all the time I have to the creation of new work.