Saturday, November 17, 2007

Making Larger Prints....Fun Stuff!

Recently started to make some large prints from my 8x10 Sex Worker Series negs, boy is it lots of fun playing with these large papers and making detailed photographs. The sharpness and subtlety of the 16x20 fiber prints is very beautiful. I have to work on getting just the right photographic paper to get the feel I want in the images, right now am leaning towards a Bergger warm tone paper (I think they are still making it!). My next step is to move up to 20x24 fiber paper, I have done some RC 20x24s but RC paper does not have the depth and beauty of a fiber paper.

I enjoy working with the same materials and restrictions of all the photographers I admire from the past, somehow it just seems more pure. I hope that b/w papers, films and chemistry will be around for the rest of my lifetime, I do not want to go digital!