Saturday, March 25, 2023

SELFISH Moment Almost Fufilled!

So here's the deal. It has been a bit of a life long selfish dream to have my photo work published in a magazine that is actually at my local news stand. Fast forward to the last several years of the working being published.

First, it was published 2 times in "Shades of Grey" magazine. That was an online thing, not a real paper magazine, so does not count.

Second, the work was published in "Silver Grain Classics" magazine. That is a European magazine, a real paper version, available in Europe and probably North American but NOT available at my local Edmonton book-magazine stores. 

Third, the work was published in "Analog Forever" magazine. That is a American magazine, a real paper version, available in USA, probably Europe and the big cities in Canada. It was NOT available at my local Edmonton book-magazine stores. 

So finally "Black&White" magazine, a real paper mag, is publishing the work. The mag is coming out April 12 (I will post the cover, which we got, on that date). "Black & White" was available for over a decade at my local "Indigo Books".  I go to Indigo and no "Black &White" magazine! What the f-ck! I bought that magazine dozens of times in that store and now when my work will finally be in the mag, there is no mag?!!

Today thou, got a nice reprieve. I checked out "Chapters Books" here in South Edmonton. The book store does carry the magazine. I took a picture, you can see "Black & White" magazine peeking out from behind the others. 

So on April 12 after 45 years of photography (14 to 59) I can finally go and pick up a photo magazine at the local bookstore with some of my photos in it. As a nice 45 year bonus, we got the cover picture.

My selfish wish will come true. 

Note* Will probably be naughty when the magazine comes out and place ours up front :).

You see that itty bitty, hidden magazine, way out in the back. That is "Black & White" magazine.