Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Day #1 Season 3, AMBROTOS KANATA, Darkroom Trailer Cleaning

Day #1 of a new creative season.

The wet plate darkroom trailer is coming back to life!!! Hope to shoot 20x24 ambrotypes this year. That size plate might be the norm for the project AMBROTOS KANATA. First thou let’s get the trailer cleaned up, loaded up, set up and ready for the road.

I used like 5 pails of water, to wash the floor. It still seems dirty! Lots of black water. I will work on the counter top and sinks tomorrow, plus the under counter drawers.

“Ain’t Photography Grand!!” There ain’t nothing better. 

Look at the inside of the trailer, from front to back.
Still plenty of snow and - temps. I cannot load water yet.
Floor betrayers that runs lights and the sink pump.
Lots of things need to be organized.
Lead acid battery I run off solar that is used for the agitation pumps. I will try to run 2 batteries this year in parallel to give more power and longer wash times.