Saturday, March 25, 2023

Drying Tent

Picked up a drying tent for the 20x24 plates. The idea is to set up this tent on location beside the darkroom trailer then add the light weight plastic shelving. I should be able to dry 5 plates at a time both after washing and after varnishing. 

The tent cost $109 CAD with free shipping. If this works I can purchase a second tent if needed. I can place one or 2 shelves in the space. I will need an alternate shelf system for the larger 35x35 future plate work. 

Will test this all out this coming shooting season. I need to be able to create Ambrotypes to completion in the field. Being in far off and remote regions of Canada will be difficult. Creating important work along the way and seeing that work will inspire me to keep going and work all the harder.

We’re going to make some beautiful, unique and wonderful things!!!

Update: Returning this tent for aa full refund, It its difficult to set up and was not NEW as promised. I will rely on the second and bigger fast set up tent I bought after this one.