Thursday, March 2, 2023

Cheaper/Better Buys From My Work Site?

I checked with the safety guy at the petrochemical plant where I work as a security. I asked him about buying goggles, headlamps and gloves using the onsite contract for cheaper prices. The PPE quality of the goods should be first rate as they are used on site. If I can also get cheaper prices, then all is good! So far the messaging with my onsite safety friend is positive. 

If this is a go, and if I go to Indonesia. I plan on buying 20-30 goggles, 20-30 headlamps and 20-30 sets of gloves to hand out to the workers in Indonesia. Most of the goods would probably be given out to the miners digging for Sulphur in the Mt. Jen volcano on Java Island.

I am worried about 2 things, first the cost of buying the items in Canada and second the corruption in Indonesia. Indonesia was ranked as the worst country in the world in regards to corruption. I worry that the goods might be taken away from me, stolen, at the airport by customs before I have a chance to hand them out for free to the people who need them most!

Note* PPE stands for personal protection equipment. Used to ensure the highest safety for the worker.