Saturday, August 13, 2022

Bought Me A Used Canon 5D Mark lV

I have been wanting to replace my beaten up Canon 5D MarkIII for the last 6 years or so (bought used). The camera still works but is in rough shape with a fair amount of body damage. I have been making plenty of good quality images with that tool plus the 24mm-105mm, and the 11mm-24mm lens. Many of those photographs will be in the coming exhibitions at the UNB Art Center.

I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a used Canon 5D Mark lV.  It cost $1580 USD with free shipping from Japan. I will have to pay GST and brokerage charges when it arrives in Canada. The body is in Near Mint condition with only 8347 shutter count (I will soon fix that!). It is coming from Japan.

I think this was a smart purchase as I will use the Camera till it dies on me. There is no Mark V as Canon has stopped making DSLR cameras. This is the last of the breed.  After this camera dies, I will mostly likely be looking for another Mark lV!

For all my photography life I was more of a film guy until 2 things changed things up for me. Low light shooting is far superior in digital and I now can do digital negs and darkroom prints (Platinum Prints etc.) which eliminates the digital print thing which I am not a fan of.

Full speed ahead!! My social documentary working gear going forward will be 2 Hasselblad X1Ds with 2 lens, a 45mm and a 21mm. This Canon 5D Mark IV with the 11-24mm. Possibly a Leica with Tri-x film.

Canon 5D Mark lV