Friday, April 23, 2021

Transport Box For The HF3535 Camera

Am trying to figure out the size of the transport box I need made to house the folded up HF3535 camera (35x35 inch view camera). The hardest part of the camera set up is attaching the bellows section to the base section . To avoid that issue I was wondering if I can transport the camera already connected as one folded unit, instead of two independent sections. This might allow for easier camera set ups in far off locations. I am not sure I handle the weight tho. The two sections attached together probably weighs almost 100lbs. I will check with the box builder about adding some wheels. The hard part will be getting the camera from the box to the tripod(s), table or other shooting support device. I will need a separate box or boxes made for the large heavy holders and various backs. The boxes are needed to protect the gear as I will be travelling long distance across Canada while making the pictures.
From my measurements the interior of the transport box needs to measure 48 inches x 46 inches x 11 inches.
 
The HF3535 set up
The camera in a fold up configuration
Side view, the camera is 10 to 11 inches deep
Side view of folded camera