Friday, January 29, 2021

HF2024

 I might be making an instalment camera deal for a 20x24 camera. The idea would be 4 fold, if this happens. We are working out the details now.

- Helping the seller ship me my HF35 camera which I have already paid for.

- Allow me a lighter, easier to handle (1 man unit) 20x24 camera to use to make wet plate ambrotypes for the AMBROTOS KANATA project. I could travel lighter not taking the HF3535 with me and do quicker setups.

- Would include a 20x24 wet plate holder I could use with both cameras, the HF3535 with reducing back and the HF2024.

- I might be able to use the HF2024 for portrait work.

Note* The previous buyer for this camera reneged on the deal. The builder Filip at HF Camera is more desperate to sell it. Maybe we can make a deal that helps us both. He will be happy and so would I.

Note* If this deal goes through I would have the following cameras for the AMBROTOS KANAA project, a 16x20 inch Chamonix, a 20x24 HF and a 35x35 HF, along with all the smaller cameras. I think that should handle things pretty damn well :).

Stats from HF Camera:


I m offering for sell huge 20x24" filed wooden camera named HF2024on. The wooden camera is made of light beech wood, metal components are made of aluminium, nickel - plated surface. 
The camera is made for studio and landscape work. This auction includes film holder 20x24" or plate holder 20x24". Don't includes lens. 

Front:
Sinar lendsboards, central tilt, rise / fall, swing

Focusing:
triple draw, rack and pinions

Back:
rotate back ( portrait / landscape composition ), swing

Bellows extension:
minimal: 120mm, maximal 1900mm

Tripod sockets:
3/8 and 1/4 in the middle of camera base, 3/8 bellow the front standarda, 3/8 bellow  rear standarda

Weight:
22,5kg 49,6lb

Size:

collapsed camera without knobs: 750x750x150mm


The camera can go out with film holder 20x24" or with plate holder. The holders accepts film 508x610mm, like ilford etc. The plate holder use plates to the thickness 2mm, size 508x610mm also. It is perfect for advanced, serious  collodion work. 

The camera base has a four tripod threads. One is under center of base and on side of base. The second stand thread 3/8" (light stand) is under front and the fourth is under the back. I recommend use heavy tripod or make a special table for studio work. 

HF2024 a 20x24 inch view camera

The deal would include both a 20x24 film holder and a 20x24 wet plate holder.