Monday, August 30, 2010

Picking Over A Guys Parts

This week I went to an estate sale for a local photographer who had passed on late last year. It was rather sad to see all these people swarming over his things trying to buy things up cheap. A man spends a lifetime building up a collection of items, creating his little trove of treasures and in a few days its all gone and all that is left is a house of empty rooms.

I was lucky enough to get a brand new never used Cibachrome CAP-140 processor for $20. Over the last 3 days I have been using some of my old chemistry and donated color photo paper to print up some images for my camera club. The processor is designed for color slide positives (Cibachromes) but I have been using it for color negative prints and might try to do some larger B/W RC printing as well. This machine sure makes the color printing process (been replaced for the most part by digital ink jet printers) so much easier than dealing with tubes and pouring chemistry in the Jobo systems.

I did one of the rejected color heads, a color head of my father and also a portrait of Nit from 2008, will do a print of the ladyboy sex worker Cake from 2008 tonight.