Monday, April 5, 2010

Updating, Improving www.gerryyaum.com

I found away to use my time better. Last month I bought a small net book which will allow me to access the Internet when I work my regular job. I can now update and improve my www.gerryyaum.com website. I need to scan the negs at home but can now work from work on the site during my free time. Extra hours found!! I never seemed to have enough time at home on my days off to do all the things I wanted to do for my photography.

Tonight I worked on a simple new front page to the site. This new index page will lead to a galleries page and a history of the photographs page. The history page will have an explanation of the stories behind the pictures. Many times people who visit the site have no idea of the history behind the photographs, now there will be a page for that.

I will also of course rescan and redo all the photo pages as well as expand the sex worker 2009 white background photos. I hope also to add several other galleries from the past and present. The old front page was getting a tad crowded now with the gallery page being separate I can add more links to it.

Hopefully all of this will take place over the coming months. I got a recommendation from a friend, he suggested I forward my website to the Kinsey Institute. After I get everything up to snuff I will give that a try.