Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shoot One Camera For A Year?

Jock Sturges gave me some advice once, he recommended that I concentrate on using one camera and to sell the rest.

Been thinking tonight of only shooting my Bananarama 4x5 for 1 year, of just using that camera with color and b/w film. How much better would I be with this tool if I just concentrated on making photos with it and ignored the others? The Camera would become an extension of my hand/mind/heart, and then when I was in Asia again making portraits, everything would flow, no mistakes, no confusion, the pictures would be allowed to come forth.

I need more flow in my work, need to totally forget the technical side of things and concentrate on the emotional.

Will try this for the next few months and see how it goes, maybe I can keep it up till next year.