Monday, August 4, 2008

Cold and Quiet

First thoughts after arrival is boy Canada is cold and quiet. The temperatures seem downright cool here after being in Thailand even thou it is the height of summer in Edmonton. The other thing that immediately struck me is that it is so quiet, no motorbikes, no jack hammers, no barking dogs or loud music, and no one yelling at me at "Come here sexy man!" The ladies in the bars yell things out when single men walk by, if your walking with a woman they say nothing but if your walking alone you always hear the calling of the girls working the bars.

I miss Thai food already, miss having a kiwi shake and fresh coconut juice/meat for 60cents, miss eating all those wonderful foods.

I could not sleep much today, was only able to manage about 4 hours in the morning then I got up and went for a bike ride. It was so quiet and relaxing to cycle through the countryside, I really, really enjoyed it. I think that we sometimes take the little pleasures like this for granted until we do not have something for awhile then you learn again to appreciate the small things like cycling while listening to birds sing.