Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Preparing for Coming Thai Photos

Have been preparing for the coming series of ladyboy headshots I want to make in in July when I take a 3 week trip to Thailand. I have to do some more tests with color film and metallic paper to make sure I am going to get the exact look I want. Not sure what color film I will use, in the past it was Agfa but now that they have gone belly up I will to go to Fuji or Kodak. I need a nice punchy color film that will emphasize the make up and that plays well with my direct flash.

I am also hoping to get my Razzle camera before the coming trip. I am not sure Dean Jones can deliver it before June but there is always hope. I want a few weeks to get the camera down before I go out in the streets of Bangkok and shoot for real. I would love to spend some time this trip working on my "Bangkok at Night" project. It would be encouraging to get things started this year, I could continue it next year when I have more time in Thailand.

Have purchased and am bidding on a number of Grafmatic 4x5 film holders. This holder setup allows you to put 6 sheets of film in 1 slightly large holder. I want to get 5 to 10 of these things so I can wander all night making photographs without worrying about not having enough film. From what I read these holders are easier to carry and work with, they allow you to shoot fast which is essential when working with subjects on the street at night.