Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Link: Dupree Bolton Book?

There might be a book done on my old friend from San Francisco/Oakland Dupree Bolton, who I met in 1985, when I was 21. I have done an interview with the book's author, telling stories of Dupree's older days. Also am forwarding the writer some images (rather poor photos) made when I was 21 with Dupree. Pics of him on the streets playing in Chinatown San Francisco and also a few of him doing heroin (fogged, blurry images). 

Some of the stories and maybe even a photo might make it into the book. I hope writer/musician Ricard W, creates a wonderful tribute to Dupree. I have positive memories of our time together, he deserves to be remembered.

Possible updates to follow.

Dupree In Chinatown, San Francisco, California, USA, 1985

Hear Dupree play here, he was really something in his prime. 1963 from his album "Katanga!". I was told by a man who knew Jazz (my friend Sonny Land) that without the heroin, Dupree had the potential to be an all-time great player.

Kantanga: Dupree Bolton on Trumpet!