Saturday, October 30, 2021

Latest Photo Thoughts

Latest photo things...Learning RA-4 color reversal steps. It might be fun to try in the big cameras. Also looking at buying a used XCD lens for the digital Hasselblad X1D (they cost a fortune even used).


I would use the lens on my likely return to Thai this spring. I keep seeing the high res digital file photographs I could make with the lens in my mind (always the more buying rational). I would use the lens to make large digital files on the 2 projects THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, then print them very larger (up to 40 inches) for the coming exhibitions in Fredericton.

This whole making color pics on color photo paper thing is rather cool. This video shows the process and calls it a color wet plate thing. I prefer wet plate, but doing some of these along the way as well, sounds fun to me. I have freezers full of color paper, thinking of trying it with metallic paper. Would shoot it at 16x20 and 20x24. It might be good to have the color option in the field. Thinking of pics on environmental pollution/damage, which is often more disturbing and effectively graphic in color.