Sunday, October 31, 2021

21mm F4 XCD Lens For The Hasselblad XD1 Camera?

With a possible Thai trip happening in early 2022, I have been thinking of purchasing a 21mm XCD Lens for the Hasselblad X1D 50megapixel camera.

I want to return to the dump and to the slum to continue both THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY. I know I might make some outstanding photos with this lens (love wide angle now) camera duo. I could make high res photos that could be printed at 40 inches for the exhibitions (The Art Centre is promising 2 large shows in 2 rooms). The shows could have both old photos and new 2022 photos in it.

This 21mm lens is too expensive for me to buy new, but I have found 2 slightly cheaper ones used. I know the buy would lead to wonderful, strong photos but I am still frightened. Being a guard limits what you can do. Thinking on this one.

I would hope to do important lasting work with the lens, in the dump and elsewhere. Want to use the lens to make photographs that matter, that have a positive effect on peoples lives. I see so many online photog folk who make such frivolous photos with these XCD blad lens. It is such terrible a waste, rich folks playing with toys stuff. A world class piece of glass can do so much more important work, it should do important work, at least the photog should try. 

The hope would be to buy the lens, shoot it in Asia, then take the camera files and make high end platinum/palladium, silver gelatin, carbon transfer and digi prints. Then place those pints in exhibitions and tell the important stories of the people in the photographs

Here is a nice and informative video made by Steve Huff on the lens. 

Test Video On The lens

21mm F4 XCD lens for the X camera Hasselblad system