Saturday, December 16, 2017

Lost In Tokyo

I spent severa” hours lost in Tokyo last night.  I took a late JR train from Tokyo to Shigawa stations but then when I tried to catch the local connecting line train I found the gates 

locked off and the station closed. It was not so late maybe 1245am but I was screwed and stranded till train station openoed the next day.

 asked the JR station worker what to of me other companies train was closed for the night and how to exit the building. I figured what the heck and decided to walk a bit, see what I found  (turns out it was an umbrella on the side walk :)). So after asking again for some help at a 7/11 (not helpful). I went outside and after guessing at a direction I started walking. Ended up walking for about 30 minutes without really getting anywhere. I had seen taxis loading customers at the station but was afraid of the cost., Taxis in Tokyo cost a fortune. Then as I was walking I saw a taxi stop on the road and the driver run into the nearby toilet. I walked over and after reading a bit of pressure asked him which direction the station near my apartment was. He pointed it the OPPOSITE direction. It turns out I had been walking the wrong way. I asked him how much to drive there he said 2500 ($30 CAD). So I told him take me there please.  It was a long  way to walk, about 10 minutes by car, the meter read 3300 Yen on arrival. I asked him if the 2500 was OK (only had 2650 in my wallet), he said it was.

It was kind of nice to be lost in Tokyo wish it had lasted a bit longer!