Monday, June 13, 2016

Exhibition Book Thoughts

I have been thinking what direction I need to take the 100 page AGSA "My Fathers Last Days" exhibition book(magazine). One of the themes of the show is how loss is dealt with by artists. Would not showing more of the connection between dad and my shared life together be better?Showing our shared birthdays, our shared moments  and that last year of shared photograph making. I need to show how that last years work allowed me to deal better with what was happening to dad (exhibition theme). I also want to show his acceptance and how he worked with me to make the pictures.

The current thinking on the book is to show our common connections. To show photographs from dads past, our past together and that last year of picture making. I think it is also important to include some of the difficult blog writing I did during that period and after dads death along with some poetry.

This book needs to be a very personal, heartfelt, a painfully open and honest work.