Friday, July 5, 2024

Love the Beast!!

The diesel engined BEAST truck (2003, Ford 350, Flatbed) pulls the darkroom trailer easily. Sometimes I need to check to see if the trailer is still there. I also love the truck as a raised shooting location and as a big table for all the big ass trays I use.

Love the new 4mm glass as well. I will need to buy more, it is expensive, but I think will make for better Ambrotypes. More depth looking through the 4mm glass and most importantly, less breakage. I also just like the heavy feel to it One annoying thing is I need to tape the back of the Chamonix wet plate holders when using 4mm, to prevent light leaks and fogging.

Hope to go out 2 times next week and try my hand at 24x24 inch plates. Short of trays thou, need to remedy that.

Big ass glass stand, made in Czehia
4mm Glass, gotta love it
Cement mixing trays, cheap and effective
My flatbed as a table
The BEAST and Freddy the trailer (named after Frederick Scott Archer, the inventor of wet plate).