Friday, July 12, 2024

Horse Box for Wetplate

You would think that the cross Canada Ultra Large Format, AMBROTOS KANATA project, would be all about arty farty, high browe, snotty, ARTISTE changing the world stuff. It’s not!! It is much more figuring out how to get things done. How to make things work,.

The latest problem to solve. I wanr to be able to transport a acrylic 24x24 Silver tank safely. I also might need to travel with the silver in the tank for short distances. Sometimes when shooting I will need to be in and out of a location fast. No time to play with the silver. I could seal the tank and move the trailer, it would be a great advantage.

My tank is supposed to be liquid tight, but I worry about something heavy crashing down on it and spilling over $2000 CAD in Silver bath. That would be a disaster! Things are always breaking in the trailer when I travel on rough roads.

My solution? Place everything in a safe like 3/4 inch plywood and metal cornered box. This heavy duty box should protect the tank inside. Will it work? We shall see.

Note* The box is a former horse tack box. I painted it white with some old outdoor house paint I found.

 Note** This my version of a TICKLE TRUNK, You Canadians will get that.

Note *** Another advantage of the heavy box is that I cannot accidentally kick over the Silver tank in the dark after a 10+ hour day.